Missing libm.a, etc?

Joseph Rosenzweig ill-o@visto.com
Wed Jul 26 16:47:00 GMT 2000

I was using version B20 and now I am using
the latest version of GCC and it complains
when I give it option "-lm" that there is no
libm.a, which there in fact is not anymore.
I put the old B20 libm.a in the lib directory
and the programs will compile. There are in fact
a number of other files in lib from B20 that
are not in lib of the latest version. Someone
on this list posted something about how libm.a
is now really libcygwin.a? Does that mean I
don't have to specify "-lm" to use math
functions now? What about the other missing
lib files? Thanks in advance for any
information -- Joseph Rosenzweig