GCC compiler

Brendan J Simon Brendan.Simon@ctam.com.au
Sun Feb 6 21:17:00 GMT 2000

brendan achola wrote:

whom it may consern,
I recently downloaded the cygwin software the full.exe version and I was
wondering if I need the binary source code too. All I need this software
for is to use the compiler. Can Write my programs in notepad and compile
them in cygwin?Or does cygwin have it's own compiler like vi from unix?Some
information on how to use gcc will be highly appreciated. from
Brendan
You do not need the source code.
Yes you can write your programs with
notepad and compile with GCC.
vi is not a compiler; it is an editor.
If you got to the contribs section of the cygwin site, you will see editors
that have been ported to cygwin (vi, emacs, etc).  You do not need
a cygwin compiled editor.  Any editor or IDE of your choice should
work.
Brendan Simon.