Keeping *.tar.gz files?

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Thu Dec 28 14:39:00 GMT 2000

This is probably a silly question, SETUP leaves the
./latest/xxxxxxxx.tar.gz
files when it's finished.  I always install from the Internet.  Is there
any benefit from keeping all those archives?  I (think I) know that
SETUP looks in /etc/setup/installed.db or some such to tell what is
installed.  Even if the archives are gone, it should see that there is
no reason to update packages that haven't changed.

Thanks,
--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate.  Public Key
at: