CVS permissions problem with network drive

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Tue Dec 19 11:47:00 GMT 2000

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 18:28, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:47:25AM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
> >Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>Actually, shouldn't this be a mount option rather than a cygwin
> >>setting?  In fact, maybe a
> >>
> >>mount -n c:\foo /foo    # use NTSEC semantics
> >>
> >>would be sort of nice.
> >
> >Yes, it would.  But, how would
> >
> >cp foo //bar/baz
> >
> >be handled?
>
> It would use the default or we could still use a CYGWIN environment
> variable.
>
> I just tried doing a 'mount //foo/bar //foo/bar' but that didn't
> work.
>
> >Besides, this is something you'd configure one way or the other for
> > all SMB shares -- either you're a domain user or you're not.  So,
> > it probably shouldn't be set on a per-share or per-mount basis, but
> > rather it should be set globally for a particular
> > user/installation.
>
> Isn't it possible that you could have different shares mounted from
> different systems with different requirements?  That's why I was
> suggesting a mount option.

That's a point. Nevertheless I will check in the global [no]smbntsec
option solution now. It's simple enough so that a later enhancement
using a mount option isn't hard at all.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.