Possible Bug in file length calculation in normalize_posix_path

Alex Tang altitude@airflash.com
Fri Dec 15 18:17:00 GMT 2000

Thanks Christopher.

I hate to ask such newbie like questions, but i'm having some problems building various things (hopefully, when i get this worked out, i'll be able to provide some diffs...)

I have a couple of questions:

   * Using the program that I sent the source for in the first msg, I would like to be able to compile it using a debug version of the libraries so I can use gdb to step into
     the normalize_posix_path() function.  What are the command line args to gcc that I should use to do this?

   * I'm trying to build the cygwin1.dll (so i can get into the debug info) from source.  I've retrieved both the latest snapshot (12/13) as well as the tip from the CVS
     tree.

     The docs at " http://www.cygwin.com/contrib.html " say "Start by building the comp-tools directory", however I can find no such directory.

     If i just do a

          ./configure
          make

     in the top level of the snapshot as well as the checked out tree, however both fail at different points in the build process.  I've tried fixing some of these problems,
     however the build breaks in too many places.

     I am using the full Cygwin1.1.6 distribution as my base (
        o bash-2.4,
        o gcc:

               bash-2.04$ gcc -v
               Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.2-5/specs
               gcc version 2.95.2-5 19991024 (cygwin experimental)

        o make-2.95.2-5 19991024 (cygwin experimental).

I must be doing something really dumb.

Can someone tell me what's up?

Thanks again.

...alex...