./configure command gives me errors

Joyce Gaoiran joycegaoiran@alumni.calpoly.edu
Mon Dec 4 11:21:00 GMT 2000

When I use the ./configure command from cygwin (for NT), it doesn't finish
and returns the following error when checking whether make sets ${MAKE}...:
	eval: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

I put various echo statements in the configure file for debugging.  It
doesn't get past this line:
	eval `${MAKE-make} -f conftestmake 2>/dev/null | grep temp=`

I echoed the above: eval `${MAKE-make} -f conftestmake 2>/dev/null | grep
temp=`  and it returned the following:
	ac_maketemp=\make"

Is that the unterminated quote string?  I can't find where it is set.  Seems
like all quotes have a closing quote for each open quote.  Can somebody help
me?

Attached is a textfile containing the output from a cygcheck -r -s -v.  I
hope you can help me.

Thanks.

Joyce