Cygwin termcap entry for Solaris

Steven Curtis sjc@qx.net
Fri Dec 1 08:56:00 GMT 2000

Hello all,

I regularly telnet net from a cygwin terminal to a Solaris box, and have never gotten vi to respond correctly regardless of what I set my TERM env var to.  I've tried vt100, vt220, ansi, and xter.  None seem to work properly.  Lately, I've tried grafting cygwin termcap entries from other Unix machines.  I've tried entries from an OpenBSD machine and a Linux machine, but captoinfo on Solaris never seems to be able to grok the entries.  It complains several times of "Termcap entry is too long" or "termcap code is not a valid name".  The resulting terminfo entries using tic on the output do a better job than adjusting the TERM env var, but they all have different problems.  I'm no termcap guru and couldn't write a valid entry to save my life.  Has anyone found or written a complete and correct termcap entry for a cygwin terminal type that works on Solaris?

Thanks,
Steve