cvs package available for test

hoefter@gmx.de hoefter@gmx.de
Thu Aug 31 00:17:00 GMT 2000

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Richard Hoefter wrote:
> > The client part of CVS works quite fine, it's the server part making
> > problems:
> > I was not able to connent to a cygwin CVS server with the cygwin
> > client.
> >

> Okay. Next question: can you use a cvs client on a non-cygwin platform
> (windows-native, maybe, or other unix?) to connect to Andy's pserverd
> cvs server?

Yes it's possible: I connected successfully from a Linux 2.2.14 with
CVS 1.10.7 to Andy's pserverd.

> If yes, then we'll have to work very hard;

Really? This shows us only that there is a problem in the cygwin CVS
server
part resp. in the common CVS source. Andy did nothing else than providing
a patch.

> this must be some obscure cygwin-client ---> cygwin-server interaction.

At least the cygwin client is ok.

> If no, then the problem is likely to be that Andy's pserverd cvs server
> is somehow broken when running on cygwin-1.1.4.  Or that something in
> your network configuration has suddenly changed.
>
> Anyway, just trying to narrow down the problem...

BTW:
It is not possible to connect from Linux to the cygwin CVS server.
The error message just says that there is no server running
(cygwin CVS client says the same):

cvs [login aborted]: connect to 198.168.1.1:2401 failed: connection
refused