new setup: chooser

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Tue Aug 22 10:52:00 GMT 2000

> DJ, it sounds like he put the installer, etc. _on his desktop_.
>
> That probably isn't the best place given the way setup adds to the
> directory tree from the install point.

Yeah, if you click on the icon and run setup right from IE, the latest
and contrib folders get created right on the desktop.  What I meant
was that we intended to not delete the .tar.gz files.  I didn't intend
for them to show up on the desktop.

> ALSO: You offered hints re. setup programming.  I would like to take
> a look at this.  Thanks.

I'll reply to this one on cygwin-developers.  Interested parties can
read the gory details there.