bison 1.27 for cygwin ??

Frank Moehle Frank.Moehle@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Mon Aug 14 04:03:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

The latest cygwin release comes with bison-1.25, which seems to be
rather old. Unfortunately, one of our programs requires bison 1.27 or later
to compile. We tried to install bison-1.27 directly from the sources
at ftp.gnu.org, but the resulting parser did not work (we got some compiler
errors).

Did anybody out there build a working bison 1.27 (or later) already?
Why is version 1.25 still included in the current release of cygwin ?

best regards,

Frank Moehle