Services on Win98se

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Wed Aug 9 08:27:00 GMT 2000

I prowled about in SRVANY (which is somewhere around the web), and
it looks like it's all NT.

Win98 has a series of entries in the registry keys
"HKLM/Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run" and
"HKLM/Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/RunService" (IFRC) that are,
supposedly, started before Windows Family Login runs to allow
selecting a user.  There's no visual sign but a bunch of disk
activity going on at this point and my Active Shield goes online and
checks for an update even if I'm at the login screen.

Is it possible to start some of the Cygwin services at this point?

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"Don't buy or use crappy software"