dll building problem

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Mon Apr 24 14:20:00 GMT 2000

On 24 Apr 2000, Marat Boshernitsan wrote:

> I am trying to build a C++ dll on Cygwin 1.1.0, but when I run a small
> application using it I get a message that my dll "is not a valid Windows
> NT image".  This is the command I use for building the dll:
>
> dllwrap --export-all --driver-name=/usr/bin/g++ --output-lib \
>   liblkimp.a -o OBJ.x86-pc-win32/lk.dll liblk.a -L/usr/misc/lib -lgcimp

Not a good sign, but can't help without more info, sorry.

What does `objdump -p lk.dll' show? Anything odd?

How about the following (I'm curious more than anything else):

  $ dlltool --export-all --output-def lk.def liblk.a
  $ c++ -shared -o OBJ.x86-pc-win32/lk.dll -Wl,--out-implib,liblkimp.a \
    lk.def liblk.a -L/usr/misc/lib -lgcimp

Same problem?

This is going to be one of those problems that's very hard to debug
without full testcase (preferably with sources), which is obviously
awkward for proprietary apps.

Regards,
Mumit