Backspace prob with vim under rxvt

Bob McGowan rmcgowan@veritas.com
Fri Apr 21 10:10:00 GMT 2000

"Charles S. Wilson" wrote:

> "John A. Turner" wrote:
>
> > >   I don't see this behavior. What are your stty settings, CYGWIN
> > > variable settings, .inputrc contents, and .vimrc contents?
> My point was not that everyone should copy my settings, but that there
> may have been some obvious thing in Kevin's settings that was messing
> things up; e.g. 'stty erase ^h" or something similar but wrong. To tell

The "something similar but wrong" seems to imply that the 'stty erase
^h' is wrong.  Is this correct?  And if so, could you explain why?  In a
standard UNIX setup, this is perfectly legal and something I have done
frequently.  Though I must admit it was for standard serial interfaced
terminals and not pseudo tty based xterms...

Thanks,

--
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer