The /usr/bin /usr/lib mounts

Trevor Forbes trevorforbes@ozemail.com.au
Fri Apr 21 07:27:00 GMT 2000

With the new mount points /usr/bin /usr/lib nothing works for me. Would
someone be kind enough to explain the new mounts? Is the end result supposed
to be /bin == /usr/bin with files installed into /usr/bin  and /bin?

In my system, which is Win2000  FAT32, the installer installs everything to
/bin, nothing into /usr/bin and the end result is that gcc no longer
compiles. Ok, I can at least get around that by doing a manual install. So I
do a manual install with the result  that files in /usr/bin are not visible,
that is, I get /bin directory listing instead and cygwin cannot see anything
in the /usr/bin dir. If I remove the mounts and add /usr/bin to the path,
all is fine? Note, I removed all mounts and installed it in C:\ but I still
get the same results.

I must be missing something simple?

Trevor