PS1, gdb and other trubbels

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Apr 20 14:41:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 10:35:14PM +0200, Love wrote:
>Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:
>
>> >I can give you a tarboll with binaries that cause the error.
>>
>> Sorry.  I definitely don't have time to debug individual problems.
>
>Sure, I'll happly try to find it out myself, I currenly trying to build a
>libcygwin1.dll with debugging symbols.

You should be able to set breakpoints in gdb to find out where the
problem is occurring.  The fact that cygwin shows up on a stack trace
does not mean that the problem is in cygwin.  Cygwin intercepts all of
the Windows "signals" in order to properly emulate UNIX signals.

If I were you, I would just debug your program in the normal way before
going to the effort of building cygwin.

cgf