cygdrive

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 07:32:00 GMT 2000

--- John Wiersba <John.Wiersba@medstat.com> wrote:
> A recent posting led me to check the binmode-ness of /cygdrive.  It appears
> that the cygdrive feature overrides the setting of CYGWIN (which I have set
> to binmode) ??  How can I force files on cygdrive to be read in binmode?

The binmode CYGWIN setting is only used to control pipes and redirection.  The
solution would be to correct the winsup code and submit a patch.  IMO, the
default for /cygdrive should be set to the default mode of / (which may be the
cause already FATIK).

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >