-display option

Jeff Sturm jsturm@sigma6.com
Mon Apr 10 13:35:00 GMT 2000

Pavel Kudrna wrote:
> the -display option does not work with tk based applications e.g.
> cygwish80.exe (cygwin B20).
> Is there any possibility to bring -display option to work?

Nope.  The -display argument is a feature of Xlib, not Tk, so it isn't
available in win32 ports of Tk.

> It seems that cygwin's tk is compiled from tk8.0.x/win (not unix)
> source and that why it interacts directly with Win32. Am I right?

Correct.

If you want -display to work on Windows you still have the option of
building the Xlib version of Tk in Cygwin, then running on a remote X
server.  But I suspect that's not what you were after.

--
Jeff Sturm
jsturm@sigma6.com