bash bug with SSH and password prompt

Timothee Besset Besset@sugar-land.spc.slb.com
Fri Apr 7 11:35:00 GMT 2000

hello

I'm using cygwinb20.1 and SSH on win98se. I have a port of SSH to win32,
the binaries are from a ssh-1.2.14-win32bin.zip .. but I've had the same
problems with other binary distributions:
when I connect somewhere with ssh -l user hostname, I get a password prompt
and it doesn't wait for me to enter stuff, it returns to bash prompt with a
"permission denied" error. when I launch ssh from a DOS box it works ..

I suspect this is fixed in a more up-to-date version of bash .. where can I
get binary snapshots, and how easy are they to install? The cygwinb20.1 is
pretty old no? Do you guys have plans for a new release?

TTimo