cygnus.bat in 1.0 docs

David Alderman dave@mmrd.com
Fri Oct 29 07:48:00 GMT 1999

Hello,

Before installing the Cygwin CD,  I uninstalled the downloaded B20, etc. to
get as close to a "fresh" install as possible (this is on Windows NT 4.0
SP5).  I installed the CD, accepting the defaults.

I now have a C:\cygwin directory with everything underneath it, as
expected.  The documentation on Cygwin paths and directories refers to a
Cygnus.bat file as if it had already been created and should only need
modification.  Also, the docs mention setting up your root directory and
associated subdirectories which the CD install has mostly created.

Having used B19 and B20, I can manually set up a Cygnus.bat that sets up my
environment appropriately.  My question is, should the installation have
created a cygnus.bat or is the documentation just a bit "out of sync" with
the CD?

If anyone wants to post a suggested cygnus.bat or bash rc for the CD
install it would probably save me a lot of time (I prefer customizing to
building from scratch - doesn't everybody).  I think I have a backup of my

I still think the Cygwin CD is better than sex (well, almost).

Dave Alderman - Democracy should not be capital intensive.
Business: dave@mmrd.com
Personal: dwa@atlantic.net -or- dwa@netcommander.com