Questions on getting SSHD running....

Benjamin Hyatt benski@pacbell.net
Wed Oct 27 11:53:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm having some problems getting sshd running on a NT.
System is NT Server 4.0 with Cygnus Cygwin32 B19...Running SSH version
1.2.26.
I've read through the faq's / webpages.. got the environment down, local NT
passwd file created yadda yadda yadda..
>From the command line, I can get sshd -d to run without a hitch.

I created a local user "root" and gave that user advanced rights (Act as
part of the os, Increase Quotas, Log on a service, Replace a process level
token)
Ran.. mkpasswd - local > /etc/passwd
Attempting to run 'ssh localhost' returns me with a password prompt "cool",
but after I type in the passwd both sshd, and ssh hang for eternity.
I eventually end up killing both processes.

Any ideas???

Thanks,

-Ben