include path

Mumit Khan khan@nanotech.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 30 23:39:00 GMT 1999

Mike MacDonald <mmacdona@tsi.gte.com> writes:
> I guess my probem is that gcc is not properly finding:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/include
>
> And I don't want to have to modify all my Makefiles to point there, so I'm
> wondering if there is a way to get it to look there..  It can't find the
> libs in the 2.95.2 directory either, I was able to copy them to /usr/lib -
> and it works fine..  Because of limits.h I can't do that with this dir..
> I'm gonna try mapping it to /include - which I should have thought of doing
> before..

Mike,

If you have to tell GCC to look into it's own include directory, your setup
is hosed. Period.

You seem to be having an awfully hard time with GCC, which I don't
understand. There are many other people using it any/much trouble;
I'd still like to understand why you're the one running into odd
problems. My bet is the way you've modified your Cygwin installation
with mounts or using environment variables, but I could be wrong of
course.

I suggest you post (or send me) the following:

  1. output of `cygcheck -s -r'
  2. gcc -v
  3. gcc -print-search-dirs
  4. gcc -o foo -v foo.c