How to build OpenSSL 0.9.4 ?

Guglielmo Pasa gpasa@omedia.ch
Thu Nov 11 11:35:00 GMT 1999

Did anybody already build OpenSSL 0.9.4. I'm using Perl 5.005_03
that I built under cygwin32 snapshot 10_31_1999.
When launching Configure I get

Configure CygWin32

---------output -------------
EX_LIBS       =
BN_ASM        =bn_asm.o
DES_ENC       =des_enc.o fcrypt_b.o
BF_ENC        =bf_enc.o
CAST_ENC      =c_enc.o
RC4_ENC       =rc4_enc.o
RC5_ENC       =rc5_enc.o
MD5_OBJ_ASM   =
SHA1_OBJ_ASM  =
RMD160_OBJ_ASM=
PROCESSOR     =
RANLIB        =/usr/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/ranlib
PERL          =/usr/local/bin/perl5
THIRTY_TWO_BIT mode
DES_PTR used
DES_RISC1 used
DES_UNROLL used
BN_LLONG mode
RC4_INDEX mode
cannot open cryptoobjectsobjects.h: no such file

NOTE: The OpenSSL header files have been moved from include/*.h
to include/openssl/*.h.  To include OpenSSL header files, now
directives of the form
     #include <openssl/foo.h>
should be used instead of #include <foo.h>.
These new file locations allow installing the OpenSSL header
files in /usr/local/include/openssl/ and should help avoid
conflicts with other libraries.

To compile programs that use the old form <foo.h>,
usually an additional compiler option will suffice: E.g., add
     -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl
or
     -I(current directory)/include/openssl
to the CFLAGS in the Makefile of the program that you want to compile
(and leave all the original -I...'s in place!).

Please make sure that no old OpenSSL header files are around:
The include directory should now be empty except for the openssl
subdirectory.
---------end of output ---------------

And when I launch make I get :
In file included from cversion.c:64:
buildinf.h:6: #error "Windows builds (PLATFORM=CygWin32) use
mk1mf.pl-created
Makefiles"
make[1]: *** [cversion.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1