gdb4.18 make stops at link

Mumit Khan khan@nanotech.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 2 08:11:00 GMT 1999

"Dave Cramer" <Dave@micro-automation.net> writes:
> ------=_NextPart_000_03D1_01BF24D3.B9F984A0
>
> I am getting exactly the same error as
>
> > Hello all,
> >=20
> > I am trying to build a gdb for the m68k target with DBM support. I =
> have=20
> > followed the instructions given in the www.zeecube.com/bdm.html page, =
> but=20
> > the make procedure hangs at link with 3 errors :
> >=20
> > ../readline/libreadline.a(kill.o): In function =
> 'rl_paste_from_Clipboard':
> > /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:611: undefined reference =
> to=20
> > 'OpenClipboard@4'
> > /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:614: undefined reference =
> to=20
> > 'GetClipboard@4'
> > /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:630: undefined reference =
> to=20
> > 'ClosseClipboard@0'
>
> Add -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries when linking gdb. See the
> gdb/configure.in, search for ladvapi32 and see how it's done for a=20
> Cygwin host. For now, just edit gdb/Makefile, add -ladvapi32 to
> the WIN32LIBS variable and rerun make.
>
> Regards,
> Mumit
>

> I tried adding the -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries, and still get =
> the error ????

[ Plea: Please, please leave out the HTML crud from your messages. ]

I seem to have misspoken ... these functions are in user32, and that's
*always* linked in.

I think you need to provide us with bit more info:

1. what version of gdb.
2. how did you configure it
3. what version of Cygwin and gcc
4. the last bits of the output that shows the failed link.

Regards,
Mumit