gdb4.18 make stops at link

Dave Cramer Dave@micro-automation.net
Mon Nov 1 22:45:00 GMT 1999

I am getting exactly the same error as

> Hello all, > > I am trying to build a gdb
for the m68k target with DBM support. I have > followed the instructions
given in the www.zeecube.com/bdm.html page, but > the make procedure
hangs at link with 3 errors : > >
../readline/libreadline.a(kill.o): In function
'rl_paste_from_Clipboard': >
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:611: undefined reference to >
'OpenClipboard@4' > /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:614:
undefined reference to > 'GetClipboard@4' >
/cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:630: undefined reference to >
'ClosseClipboard@0' Add -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries when linking
gdb. See the gdb/configure.in, search for ladvapi32 and see how it's done for
a Cygwin host. For now, just edit gdb/Makefile, add -ladvapi32 to the
WIN32LIBS variable and rerun make. Regards, Mumit

I tried adding the -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries, and
still get the error ????

Regards,

Dave