[Mingw32]Request for requests. Homepage change.

William Gacquer wgacquer@ubisoft.fr
Fri May 28 08:49:00 GMT 1999

Hello Colin! Nice to read you again!
	I have some comments about the Mingw32 stuff (and the cygwin stuff
also by consequence).
First of all we made some benchmarks to compare codewarrior and Visual C++
with mingw32. The two last one are very close and much better than the first
one. If mingw32 aims at concurrencing Visual C++, there should be somewhere
a place where benchmarks are provided and results stored. Maybe you can
advertise on mingw32 by showing some benchmark results.
	I also know that many people are looking for tools to convert
makefiles formats : from Microsoft projects to Codewarrior projects to Jam
makefile to GNU makefiles. Since Mingw32 is very close to the win32 platform
where a lot of projects are already available, a makefile converter could be
very useful.
	A page related to mingw32 on Windows 2000 and linux/Wine should also
help.
	Best regards,
	William

William Gacquer