[ANN] gcc-2.95 dev snapshot updated to 1999-06-26

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Wed Jun 30 22:10:00 GMT 1999

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> I should probably know the answer to this, but I was wondering if you ever
> completed your work on making cygwin gcc always emit and use POSIX paths?

I have it, but not on the branch I'm working on. It's pretty simple, and
I'll definitely merge it in before gcc-2.95 is out. So fear not, I haven't
forgotten about it -- it's just not that much fun to work on. The only
change since the one you've seen is using cygwin_conv_to_posix_path()
instead of the more expensive cygwin_win32_to_posix_list().

There are some serious issues with bitfield packing that needs to be solved
first. Donn Terry and Mikey are the main players in getting GCC to produce
native packing for bitfields, which is half-documented and half-hacked by
MS compilers.

Regards,
Mumit