CDF 2.6 library

Suhaib M. Siddiqi Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
Wed Jun 23 11:10:00 GMT 1999

A while ago someone sent me a personal message about HOW TO
compile CDF 2.6 with Cygwin B20.1.  Sorry do not remember
who was he. :-(

Till now I was using dlltool to make importlib for CDF.

Finally got the make file working.  The code now compiles
out of the box.
Edit the Makefile in CDF-2.6-dist directory and use
the following:

---
# Macros specified on the `make' command line.
---

IDL=no
FORTRAN=yes
CURSES=yes
SHARED=yes
OS=linux
ENV=gnu
INSTALLDIR=/dx-4.0.5
IDLINCLUDE=/usr/local/rsi/idl_5/external

In the Linux architue columns at the bottom of Makefile, this
is what I used now:

---
# Macros for Linux.
---

SHARED_linux=no
IDL_linux=no
FOPTIONS_linux=
FOPTIONSld_linux=
SHAREDEXT_linux=
LDOPTIONSlibcdf_linux=
LDOPTIONSidl_linux=
AROPTIONS_linux=rc
RANLIB_linux=yes
FC_linux=f77

CURSES_linux_gnu=yes
CC_linux_gnu=gcc -O2 -m486 -Dunix -ieee_with_inexact -DFP1cpu
PIC_linux_gnu=
COPTIONS_linux_gnu=
COPTIONSld_linux_gnu=
CURSESLIB_linux_gnu=-lncurses
SYSLIBSexe_linux_gnu=-lm
SYSLIBSshr_linux_gnu=

After these changes in the Makefile type *make all*
The code now should compile without any problems, not even a single
warning (at least on my system).

Suhaib