WindowMaker 0.60 problems

Kevin Wright kwright@aspectdv.com
Thu Jun 17 15:08:00 GMT 1999

Hi,

Has anyone out there ported the latest version of WindowMaker (0.60) to
cygwin? I'm having problems with opening files on text mounts. I've tried
patching the code myself but can't quite track down the offending
algorithms. Here is the specific error I see:

wmsetbg warning: could not open domain file
/usr/kwright/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker

this despite the fact that it does open the file and does write to it. (I
know it's just a warning).

I'm also having problems opening tiff files. I patched the libtiff.a to open
files with binary and now it opens the tiff files but I still get the
warning:

TIFFFillStrip: /usr/local/GNUstep/Apps/WPrefs.app/tiff/smooth.tiff: Read
error at scanline 4294967295; got 260 bytes, expected 1865.

More text vs. binary problems... sigh...

Kevin Wright