AW: bash history not avail from arrow keys

erskine, michael michael.erskine@SERuk.com
Sat Jul 31 18:34:00 GMT 1999

Hi Tim,

Many thanks; that has shown me the way...

C-P & C-N do work (I didn't know about these gems!) and the arrow keys
on the numeric keypad work also (with num-lock off - I hadn't tried
them!). The PC-keyboard arrow keys still don't do anything but that's
not so bad because I am now equipped with C-p & C-n or the numeric
keypad.

You have all been most helpful - bless you.

Michael.

Tim wrote...

Hi,

A couple of things to check:
1.  Do Control-P and Control-N work to retrieve Previous and Next
history commands?
2.  Do your other arrow keys (left and right) work when editing the
command line? (I seem to remember that on my old notebook, the arrow
keys only worked when Num-Lock was turned off.)

Tim