problem with Less and Backspace

Ajoy Victor dajoy@hoy.net
Fri Jul 9 06:45:00 GMT 1999

I'm a new user of cygwin.

Maybe this question is way to basic for you but I searched the archives
and couldn't find an answer, maybe is too basic for that too :)

When I use "less" with some file and try to search a text using "/" and,
after writing something, I press Backspace all I get is ^H^H^H

How do I fix this problem? Where do I get "cygwin for dummies" ?

Daniel

PS. I don't know if this is a mailing list. One thing is for sure
I am not subscribed to it. So I would really apreciate a direct
reply to me.

Thanks for anything.