BUg in GNU make 3.75 (CYGWIN port)

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

> In a message dated 1/13/99 2:42:48 PM Pacific Standard Time, dj@delorie.com
> writes:
>
> << We all have 95 or 98 machines available for testing, but
>  since NT is much more stable and reliable, we tend to use
>  NT for the bulk of our development.  We don't get much
>  work done when we have to reboot the machine all the time. >>
>
> I'm still mystified by these comments disparaging W9x.

That was from personal experience.  *My* NT system is a better
development environment than the 95 side of the same machine.  My 95
tends to hang in places where NT won't, and debugging seems to work
better (for example, NT allows gdb to attach to running processes, but
I haven't been able to convince 95 to do that).

We also have some software debugging tools that only run under NT, due
to the way the underlying system is designed.  Task Manager is also a
helpful NT-only tool.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
-