[B20.1] problems with compiling Perl5

rfmy rfmy@ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I encountered the same problems when I first tried to build perl 5.005+AF8-02 on Win
95 SR2.

I discovered that the default path names used in several script variables in
perl5.005+AF8-02/hints/cygwin32.sh differed from my cygwin32 b20.1 installation
tree.  After correcting this, I was able to successfully configure.

BTW, in order to successfully 'make', I found that I also needed to change the
way in which path names were specified in GNUmakefile, changing +AFwAXA- to /, and
removing .. references.

After doing these things, I was able to achieve +AD4-99+ACU- correctness in running
./perl harness.

-----Original Message-----
From: Compuboy95+AEA-aol.com +ADw-Compuboy95+AEA-aol.com+AD4-
To: gnu-win32+AEA-cygnus.com +ADw-gnu-win32+AEA-cygnus.com+AD4-
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 8:15 AM
Subject: +AFs-B20.1+AF0- problems with compiling Perl5

I can't get perl to compile....it freezes at the configure script. Where is
the c library? Could somebody please answer me? It says a million things
aren't found(which are there)...and then after it says Your StatO doesn't know
about block sizes and freezes in grep. How can I fix this???

-Comp
+ACI-Please help, please help, or I am surely dead+ACEAIg-
-
+ACI-gnu-win32-request+AEA-cygnus.com+ACI- with one line of text: +ACI-help+ACI-.

-