"command not found"

Matthias Morche mmorche@sat1.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

"Buck, Peter INS" wrote:

> All right, I confess, I fooled with the CygWin B20 shortcut.  Things were
> working fine before I did that.  Now, however, when I start Cygwin and type
> in things such as chdir or mkdir, I get (for example)
>
> bash: mkdir: command not found.
> I took out the "echo off" in the bat file and verified that the path is
> getting set.

But to a wrong value, I bet mkdir.exe can't be seen within Your PATH...

> If I type in "help" I get a page of help, all the local commands.  They
> work.

Sure they do, they're built into bash and do NOT NEED a correct PATH.

Probably the PATH to the mkdir.exe is mangled (mount point did not
survive reinstallation, symlink gone, reinstalled to another location,
without changing $PATH to the new location...).

--
	Matthias Morche ( mailto:morche@sat1.de )
		SAT.1 ( http://www.sat1.de )

-