gcc can't find cpp

Vince Rice vrice@solidrocksystems.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I tried to compile a program today for the first time, and gcc complains
that it can't execute cpp. The exact message is:
    gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp': No such file or
directory.

I found the cpp.exe buried in
    /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/egcs-2.91.57
along with a few other files and an include directory.

Should gcc be able to find those files as is? Am I missing an
environment variable to tell it where to look, or should the files be
copies to someplace else?

Thanks!

Vince

-