More on relative pathname

Corinna Vinschen corinna.vinschen@cityweb.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Gordon Watts (Brown University) wrote:
> [...]
> still observe the error. I've included a small shell script below which
> demonstrates the difficulty I'm having. Perhaps I'm making a bone-headed
> unix mistake?
> [...]
> ==============
> #!/bin/sh
>
> mkdir junk123
> cat > junk123/stuff.sh <<EOF
> #/bin/sh
> echo hi
> EOF
>
> chmod a+x junk123/stuff.sh
>
> PATH=./junk123:${PATH}
> export PATH
>
> echo Will now try to run the thing
> # I get an error on this line
> stuff.sh

This script has in fact a typo, but this didn't give any problem, it's
only a shell comment. In my cygwin environment, the complete script did,
what it should do! I'm running NT4SP3, bash is /bin/sh, either snapshot
winsup-981223 or winsup-981230, `CYGWIN=binmode ntea notty', binary mounts.

Regards,
Corinna

-