XARGS stack fault in Windows 95

Dave Borger dborger@wilshire.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

While running the shell script to install Octave under Windows 95 using
the Cygnus GNU tools version 19, the following line from the script

    find d:/octave/share/octave/2.0.13/m -type f -print | xargs chmod
0644

caused the script to pause and drop me back into the Windows GUI to a
dialog box saying 'This program has performed an illegal operation....
XARGS caused a stack fault in module KERNAL32.DLL at 0137:bff725c5'

The script seemed to recover reasonable, but I suspect that that line
was not properly executed.

Dave

-