printf() Trashing stuff

Dobes Vandermeer dobes@mindless.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

I am getting some really weird errors with printf().  Unlike my last
problem, I *am* including stdio.h, and I do have -Wall enabled.  I am
not getting any warnings or errors, however a step through of my program
reveals that my data structures (which have been properly malloc()'d
etc.) are fine immediately before calling printf, and are completely
ruined after calling printf().  This has happened to me twice now, and
removing the printf() prevents the data from being destroyed.

No other function so far has exhibited this flaw, bu printf() has done
it consistently in this case, which seems to imply that it is not a
random occurance, but something predictable (although I am not
completely sure).

I am just wondering if anyoen else has seem similar problems, or if its
definitely some mistake on my part (some memory not big enough somewhere
or soemthing)

Thanks
Dobes
-