configure of cygwin package on win95 oddity

Glenn Spell glenn@gs.fay.nc.us
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Earnie Boyd writes>
> I have found that the bug that causes the popup window informing that
> SH.EXE has caused a page fault in cygwin1.dll on Win95 DOESN'T happen
> if I am connected via DUN to my ISP. 8-O)

I've found many, many things that seem to change this behavior,
but nothing that is realiably effective as a work-around to this
*bug* in Cygwin. Cygwin *will not* run multiple sub-processes
on Windows 95 without crashing. There's something buggy about
the spawn/fork/sub-proc code. This all started with the Sept 98
changes to winsup. B19.4 (or maybe .5) was the last stable rel.

The frustrating thing is that Cygnus seems to have abandoned all
support of Windows 95 and probably text mounts too!

Until Cygwin can once again be make to run reliably on Windows 95,
it is nothing but a time-wasting pile of *crap*.

-glenn

--
            Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>
         Fayetteville, North Carolina, U. S. A.