"specs" related problems

Oliver Brandt o.brandt@tu-bs.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Serguei DACHIAN schrieb:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I have three questions about the "specs" file.  Thanks in advance for any help.

 ... snip ... snip ... snip ...

> > or modify specs to include this in the library search path whenever
> > mno-cygwin is specified.
> >
> Ok, this whould be surely a much better (even I'd say the best) solution,
> but HOW???  I have tried to play a bit with the "specs" file, but I can't
> figure it out.

 ... snip ... snip ... snip ...

Here is my spec-entry (i've installed the MINGW32-libs in
'usr/lib/mingw32-lib'):

*link:
%{mwindows:--subsystem windows} %{mdll:--dll -e _DllMainCRTStartup@12}
{mno-cygwin:-L /usr/lib/mingw32-lib}

By the way: why does cygnus has a "no-cygwin"-switch and the mingw32-
include-files but not the libs???

 ... snip ... snip ... snip ...

>    III.)
> And finally a genreal guestion.  What is the general syntax, possible
> options, possible values, etc. for the "specs file???  Is this documented
> somewhere???

 ... snip ... snip ... snip ...

very good question, i'm interest in the answer, too!

 ... snip ... snip ... snip ...

> I have searched in FAQ and in the UserGuide, but there is nothing:-((.
>
> Once again, thanks in advance for any help; merry xmas and happy new year to
> everybody.
>
> Serguei.

Bye
Oliver