B19:another bash shell

Heinz-Juergen Oertel oe@port.de
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Aldo Mazzilli wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I try to port a TCL script from Solaris to Win32 (95 and NT) and, for
> that, I'm using cygwin32 and cygwish80.exe.
>
> Under the TCL graphical environment, I want to invoke a command shell
> but any command seems to work.
>
> To do that thing, under Solaris, everything works very well because I
> invoke 'xterm' but which command may I invoke under the win32 bash shell
> to execute another bash shell (in another window, of course !!).
>
> Thanks in advance ...
> --
> ,',',',',',',' Aldo MAZZILLI             | INRIA Rhone-Alpes          |
> ,',',',',',',' aldo.mazzilli@inrialpes.fr| 655, avenue de l'Europe    |
> ,',',',',',',' Tel : 04 76 61 53 91      | 38330 Montbonnot St Martin |
> ,',',',',',',' Fax : 04 76 61 52 52      | FRANCE                     |
> ,',' *** Site WEB : http://www.inrialpes.fr/vasy/people/Aldo.Mazzilli |
> -

I use rxvt for things like this
http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html

wish% exec  rxvt -ls -fn Fixedsys &

does open an rxvt/xterm -like window with your login shell

As far as i know there is no b20 release of rxvt.
But patching the name of the cygwin.dll inside rxvt.exe works
with b20.1.

--
with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

  Heinz-Jürgen Oertel