Problem with /bin mount?

Will Mooar willm@ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

>I can't type configure from the sh prompt or the bash prompt to run a
>configure script; I have to type "sh configure" or "bash configure."

This is normal for unix (and cygwin) - it only searches for applications to
run from the PATH environment variable.  If "." is not in the PATH, it won't
find configure in the current directory.

I have seen people mention that this is generally a bad idea, as it may pose
a security threat.  Unfortunately, no-one has elaborated why.  I can't see
why it would be a problem for windows, except that it might accidentally run
the wrong thing if two or more programs exist with the same name, but
function differently.

A simple way to run a program from the current directory is to add "./" to
the beginning of the command line, eg. "./configure"

Kind regards - Will.

-