rookie questions, .inputrc, TERM, and dircolors

Bruce Edge bedge@sattel.com
Sun Jan 31 23:52:00 GMT 1999

Win 98, cygwin 20.1:

1) My ~/.inputrc isn't being read. I've tried saving as both NL and CR/LF
formats.
2) 1a) Can "Del" ( "^[[3~" ) be mapped without screwing up the arrow keys?

2) What's the preferred TERM setting?

3) dircolors only works when it writes to the bottom of the window and
causes a scroll ??
If cursor is not at the bottom of the window, I can see the colored info
being written,
but as it writes each line, it gets overwritten with white text. This does
not happen if the
cursor is at the bottom of the screen so each line of output causes a
scroll.

4) Is there any kind of terminal window available for Win 98 that has a
scroll back buffer ala NT?

Thanks in advance for any help.