lsh and/or gmp?

Stipe Tolj tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Feb 9 17:15:00 GMT 1999

> |bash-2.02$ cd /home/mh/gmp-2.0.2
> |bash-2.02$ ./configure i586-cygwin32
> |Invalid configuration `i586-cygwin32': system `cygwin32' not recognized
> |Invalid configuration `i586-cygwin32': system `cygwin32' not recognized
> |Unrecognized host system name i586-cygwin32.
> |bash-2.02$ pwd
>
> Doesn't seem to work :-(

There are two problems causing configure to fail. First of all within
config.guess the old i386-unknown-cygwin32 is specified, it should be
i586-unknown-cygwin32 since cygwin b20. But the more serious problem is the non
defines os for cygwin within the old config.sub.

See the attached patch file and change the necessary thing. The gmp-2.0.2 package
build out of the box on my cygwin b20.1 (egcs-1.1.1 release) system.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany