Windows GUI info?

Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. asincero@sinceronet.ddns.org
Mon Feb 8 18:06:00 GMT 1999

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Rostislav Lyudmirsky wrote:
> I'm interested in learning how to do windows apps using cygwin gcc/g++
> While Cygnus site has a lot of specific reference on api, I could not
> find any general info on gui program structure, resource building, etc.

	I suggest taking a look at the wxWindows framework.  Details are
at http://www.wxwindows.org .  Its a cross platform C++ framework which
has, amongst other things, GUI functions.  And its free.

	Another possibility is the V framework.  See
http://www.objectcentral.com for more info on that.  V might be easier to
understand than wxWindows.  However, V doesn't seem to be as featureful
(this was probably by design tho ... V only does GUI while wxWindows does
GUI, threads, sockets, and more).  V is also free.

Arcadio Alivio Sincero Jr.
Computer Science Major, University of Maryland Baltimore County

WWW: http://www.sinceronet.ddns.org (COMING REAL SOON NOW(tm)!!!)
E-Mail: mailto:asincero@sinceronet.ddns.org
Snail mail: P.O. Box 2081, Annapolis MD, 21404-2081

"NT disaster recovery isn't all the difficult.  Just follow the
 simple instructions that come with the Linux CD."