Pb SSH, Files ownership

Jean-Paul Le Fevre J-P.LeFevre@cea.fr
Fri Dec 17 08:06:00 GMT 1999

Hi,
I'm having some difficulties with SSH, Cygwin, under NT.

- First I tried to play with the version 1.2.27.
  But it didn't work, the programs complained that _ctype_ was
  missing in the cygwin1.dll. In the archive of this mailing list
  Sergey mentionned that his updated version of the library fixes
  the problem. So I installed it but it didn't change anything.
  I've checked carefully that no other versions of the lib are
  present, that _ctype_ is found with nm(1) in the lib.
  Cygcheck -s shows a normal config. So I can't figure out what's
  wrong.

- I gave a try to version 1.2.26. Most of the commands work fine,
  except ssh-agent. It fails with the message :
  "Bad modes or owner for directory '/tmp/ssh-lefevre'"
  This directory is correctly created but it's not owned by me but
  by a user named "admin".

- I think that I created this account some months (or years) ago and that
  I used it to install cygwin. I've set up a passwd and a group file.
  But I'm unable to chown existing files. Actually, I'm completely
  confused with ownership and groups : being me (lefevre) if I create
  a new file, this file does not belong to me but to admin.

Help would be welcome ! thank you,