Install problems on Windows NT 4.0

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

Your problem is related to one of:

1) A download error.  Redownload to fix.  I suggest using ftp instead of http.
2) A bug in InstallShield.  Related help is at their site.

--- Paul Smith <Paul.Smith@evolution-plc.com> wrote:
> Windows NT installation problems
>
> I find myself unable to install Cygwin B20.1 on Windows NT. The install
> wizard throws
> up an error reading:
>
> TITLE_CAPTIONBAR Entry not found in string table.
>
> Once I have OK'ed this I get the error:
>
> Error occurred during the move data process - 106
> Compound tools
> File group tools
> File libmingw32.a
>
> Then the setup process dies. I have tried the installation three times each
> time this has
> happened at a different percentage completion number.
>
> I have removed all files from the temp directory as the FAQ suggest.
>
> I really want to install cygwin on my PC as I have used it very successfully
> in the past.
>
> Paul Smith
>

> --

===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)