file attributes ( was: RCS for Cygwin)

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

--- Bernhard Bitsch <Bernhard.Bitsch@altvater.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> we want to use RCS for revision control of our SW development project.
>
> Environment:
>  Workstations with Windows NT 4.x
>  Source repository on Novell Netware Server
>  Novell Netware Client
>  RCS 5.7 ported to Cygwin B20.x
>  Cygwin B20.1
>
> when checking in files ci reports permission denied for the repository
> file xx.yy,v. if you do that on a local drive, all is ok.

My memory fails me but I believe this bug is a result of ci having the previous
xx.yy,v file open as it tries to copy the temporary version on top of it.
Can't do that with the M$ filesystems.  To fix this you would have to make sure
that the fd that hold the xx.yy,v file open is closed before copying the
temporary file to the delta save file.

I may be wrong but I think that is the problem.

BTW, the latest version of CVS compiles OOB with one minor build problem (don't
ask me what it is, I don't remember) and works.

===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)