Copyright of byacc/flex generated source.

Chris Faylor cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 04:37:08PM +0900, Koichi Yamashita wrote:
>I'd like to write byacc/flex code for our new application.
>I am planning to generate c++ code using byacc/lex and
>compile by MS VC++ compiler(MSC).
>Is there any limitation to sell our binary developed like above?
>The sales will be to our limited (perhaps only one)
>customer/customers without cygwin binary/cygwin.dll.
>
>If there are any problems, please tell us.

That's not a question that can be answered here.  Take a look at the
appropriate files in any flex or byacc distribution.

Cygnus certainly does not have a problem with your use of generated
code.  The originators of these programs might have some restricitions,
however.

-chris