Memory Violation With Windres and Shared Data Segments

Dirk Fieldhouse fieldhouse@logica.com
Tue Aug 31 23:49:00 GMT 1999

On Sat, 07 Aug 1999 22:55:16 -0500, Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU> wrote:
>...>[binutils &c enhancements for shareable data segments]

>Just to let you folks know, I just submitted patches to both binutils >and gcc to make this happen.
>
>In the future, you'll be able to do this:
>
>  int __attribute__((section ("shared"), shared)) foo = 0;
>  int
>  main ()
>  {
>    /* do stuff to foo. */
>    return 0;
>  }
>
>and all running copies of the executable will share ``foo''.

That certainly explains why my hook DLL with

static HHOOK __attribute__ ((section("SHARED"))) g_hHook = NULL;

(hoping for magic in the section name) didn't fly!

I'll look forward to a better result with the enhanced tools.

Thanks
/df

--
Dirk Fieldhouse                 Logica UK Limited
fieldhouse@logica.com           75 Hampstead Road