Wrong / mount => unable to find cpp.exe

Matthew LeMay mlemay@earthlink.net
Tue Aug 31 01:24:00 GMT 1999

Hi.  I'm running cygwin-b20.1 on Windows 98.  I originally installed
cygwin on my c:\ drive under c:\cygnus.  I reformatted that drive and
reinstalled Windows 98.  I installed cygwin to d:\cygnus.  After this, I
tried running g++ only to get this error message:

g++: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory

I ran mount to find that c:\ was mounted as the root (/) directory.  I
changed the default value of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01 key to point at the d: drive,
and it works just fine.

The FAQ, under Programming Questions-> Why is gcc failing? notes a
problem with the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable being set, but
nothing else.  I don't have GCC_EXEC_PREFIX set.

My apologies if this problem has been noted before.

-Matt LeMay (mlemay@earthlink.net)